Gluten Free Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies by Beaming Baker
Gluten Free Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (V, GF): an irresistible recipe for perfectly chewy chocolate chip cookies made with smooth, creamy almond butter and Noosh Almond Oil. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
Author: Demeter | Beaming Baker
Serves: 24-32 cookies
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free oat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- 3 tablespoons Noosh Brands Virgin Almond Oil*
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (whisk together 2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons warm water, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 3-4 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: almond butter, Noosh Brands almond oil, sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs and vanilla. Whisk until well mixed—it’s ready when it’s sticky and difficult to whisk.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well incorporated and until no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, with enough space to spread while baking. Optionally, press chocolate chips into cookies. Do not flatten cookies--they will spread on their own.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Transfer cookie sheet to cooling rack and allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for about 20 minutes. Optionally, after 20 minutes, transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing notes below.