Berry Breakfast Cake: Yes, cake for breakfast! This make-ahead breakfast cake is packed with fresh raspberries, creamy ricotta, and our plant-based superfood Keto Almond Baking Flour. Bookmark this one when company’s coming over. Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Peanut-Free, Vegetarian.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Lightly grease the pan with butter and flour the sides and bottom with Noosh Keto Almond Baking Flour.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the Noosh Keto Almond Baking Flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and 3/4 cup of sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Add in one egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Working in batches, add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the creamed butter mixture and mix on low. Add 8 oz. of the ricotta and blend until smooth. Repeat, alternating between adding the flour mixture and ricotta until it’s all incorporated. The batter will be thick like frosting.
- Pour batter into the pan, reserving ⅓ of the batter in the bowl. Top with big handfuls of raspberries, reserving one handful. Pour the remaining batter on top and smooth the top with a spatula. Arrange the rest of the raspberries on top, gently pressing them into the batter. Sprinkle with sliced almonds and sugar.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The cake should gently spring back when you touch the top.
- Allow the cake to cool for 20 minutes or longer before removing it from the pan. If desired, serve with more fresh raspberries and Greek yogurt for breakfast or with powdered sugar and whipped cream for dessert.
1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups Noosh Keto Baking Flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
12 oz cup fresh raspberries
15 oz ricotta cheese
1 teaspoon granulated sugar, for sprinkling
⅔ sliced almonds