A chaffle is a quick and satisfying keto breakfast made with eggs, cheese, and a bit of almond flour. This crispy, low carb waffle gets a delicious makeover (and protein boost) with our creamy almond butter mixed inside and generously drizzled on top. Keto, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Peanut-Free, Paleo, Vegetarian.
- Lightly coat your waffle maker with cooking spray or melted butter and let it heat up on high.
- In a mixing bowl, combine together Noosh Keto Almond Baking Flour, sweetener, and baking powder. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, Noosh Almond Butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir to combine and add shredded cheese.
- Since the cheese and egg expand, be careful not to overfill. For Belgian waffle makers, pour half of the waffle batter into the middle of your waffle iron and close the lid. Cook until crispy, flip and cook again as necessary. For regular waffle makers, pour 1/4 cup of the waffle batter into the middle of your waffle iron and close the lid. Cook until crispy, flip and cook again as necessary. Repeat with remaining batter
- Carefully transfer to plate. Top with your favorite keto-friendly toppings, like Greek yogurt, sliced almonds, and more almond butter.
For more variations, try:
Adding a tablespoon of cinnamon or unsweetened coconut flakes to the dry ingredients.
For savory chaffles, leave out the vanilla extract, sweetener, and almond butter. Add crumbled bacon or ham into the dry ingredients. Swap mozzarella for Swiss, Colby Jack, or Cheddar.
Nutritional Information: Fat 14.25g, Protein 14.5g, Net Carbs 1.7g*
*Net Carbs for this recipe were calculated based on using a zero net carb sweetener. Please consult the nutritional information on your preferred sweetener for more specific results.
1/2 cup Noosh Keto Almond Baking Flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons granulated erythritol, or preferred sweetener
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tablespoons Noosh Original Almond Butter, or your favorite flavor
2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese