Keto Cheddar Jalapeno Biscuits: This crumbly biscuit is perfect for a quick breakfast or as a delicious side. Try customizing this recipe by swapping in your favorite meats and cheeses. Keto, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Peanut-Free, Paleo, Vegetarian.
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add Noosh Keto Almond Baking Flour, baking powder, and salt, stirring until well-mixed. Add sliced jalapenos and shredded cheese, coating them in the mixture.
- In a medium bowl, add eggs and whipping cream. Mix until well combined. Adding spoonfuls at a time, incorporate the wet ingredients to the flour mixture. Be careful not dump it all in at once! If the dough’s too wet, it will result in flatter wider biscuits. For tall fluffy-looking biscuits, add enough wet ingredients that the dough just barely sticks together. You may be wet ingredients leftover and that’s okay!
- For drop biscuits, using two large spoons, drop 1/4-cupfuls of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing at least 1½” apart. It should make about 8 biscuits. For taller biscuits, drop the dough into the biscuit cutter or round cookie cutter and build the dough to your desired height. Repeat for each biscuit.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the tops of the biscuits with cream. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of each biscuit.
- Bake until the biscuits are browned and crispy on the outside, at about 25 to 30 minutes. Begin checking if they’re done at the 20-minute mark.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
For more variations, try:
Adding a tablespoon of garlic powder and/or onion powder to the dry ingredients.
Instead of jalapeno, add ¼ cup of meat, like crispy bacon, ham, or pepperoni.
Replace the cheddar with parmesan, swiss, or asiago cheese.
½ teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, plus extra for brushing
2 jalapenos, diced
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, separated into 1 1/4 cup and ¼ cup
Nutritional Information: Fat 28g, Protein 11.8g, Net Carbs 0.7g