Keto Cinnamon Sticks: This warm and comforting dessert, based on a classic fathead dough, is perfect for getting your sweet fix without the sugar and grains. Try it with our oozy icing for an extra indulgent touch. Keto, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Peanut-Free, Paleo, Vegetarian.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick silicone baking mat.
- To make the dough, combine shredded mozzarella and Greek yogurt in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and the consistency of fondue. Stir again at the end until well incorporated. If melting on the stovetop, put shredded mozzarella and Greek yogurt in a heatproof bowl. Set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring until smooth.
- Combine Noosh Keto Baking Flour, sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl and set aside. While the cheese is still hot, add the flour mixture to the cheese mixture. In a small bowl, add eggs and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Using a spatula or your hands, knead the two together until a uniform dough forms.
- Place it on your lined baking sheet and roll it out into two rectangles, 1/3” thick. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- To make the cinnamon sugar topping, combine melted butter, sweetener, 2 1/2 tbsp powdered sweetener, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Brush on top of the bread, coating the entire surface.
- Return to oven for another 4 minutes. While it bakes, make the icing. Working 1 tablespoon at a time, add milk or non-dairy milk to the remaining 1 cup of Confectioners sugar and stir. Keep adding tablespoons until it reached your desired thickness. Cool for at least 15 minutes. Drizzle with icing before cutting into 16 pieces. Serve with lightly sweetened Greek yogurt or your favorite cream cheese dip.
Nutritional Information: Fat 15.28g, Protein 8.75g, Net Carbs 1.4g*
Makes 16 biscuits
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese low-moisture and part-skim
2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
2 large eggs slightly beaten
1 1/2 cups Noosh Keto Baking Flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 tablespoons granulated erythritol, or preferred sweetener
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons butter melted
3 tablespoons granulated erythritol, or preferred sweetener
1 cup + 2 1/2 tablespoons powdered erythritol, or preferred sweetener
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
3-4 teaspoon (depending on how thick you’d like your icing) milk or non-dairy milk