Keto Double Pie Crust: This keto-friendly crust is perfect for treating your sweet tooth or going into the holidays. We love that this pastry dough, made with our buttery Keto Almond Baking Flour, is flexible enough to shape. Keto, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Peanut-Free, Paleo, Vegetarian.
- To make the double pie crust, combine Noosh Keto Almond Baking Flour, almond flour, xanthan gum, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until evenly combined. The texture should resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add butter and cream cheese and pulse for just a few seconds until crumbly. In a separate small bowl, whisk together egg and vinegar. Adding one tablespoon at a time, pulse the pour egg mixture into the dough just until it comes together. Stop pulsing before the dough forms a ball. The mixture ought to resemble coarse breadcrumbs or streusel rather than cookie dough.
- Press the dough together and separate it into two pieces. Turn out the dough onto plastic wrap and form it into a fat disc. Refrigerate for at least two hours or up to 3 days.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Roll out dough between parchment paper into two 12-inch rounds. Because the dough is very fragile, it’s best to work quickly and in cold conditions. If the dough breaks or becomes too unmanageable, pinch together the dough and put it in the freezer for 5-10 minutes before continuing to shape the dough.
- Working quickly and carefully, transfer one crust to a 9-inch pie pan. Using damp fingers, gently press the dough into the pan. Prick the sides and bottom with a fork and bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the crust is golden.
- If desired, form the second crust into a lattice or cut out shapes encourage the filling to vent.
- Make your filling and spoon the mixture into the crust-lined pie plate. Top with the second crust. Press any excess crust into the edges of the pan.
- Use a pastry brush to coat the top in a thin layer of egg wash.
- Bake 15 minutes. Then pull the pie out with wide strips of foil and add another coat of egg wash. Bake for another 15 minutes or until the crust is brown or until the filling is completely cooked. Allow the pie to cool for at least 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!