Overnight Baked Chocolate French Toast: An easy french toast casserole the family will love. With soft, custardy challah inside and silky Chocolate Almond Butter layers, this sweet morning treat is a home run for your next brunch party or weekend breakfast. Peanut-Free, Vegetarian.
- The night before, butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- Make sandwiches with the bread and Noosh Smooth Chocolate Almond Butter by spreading each slice with a generous swipe of almond butter and putting another slice on top. Butter the front sides and cut the sandwiches in half with a knife.
- Layer the sandwich halves upright in the dish, overlapping as necessary.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Pour the milk mixture over the bread and press the bread gently to absorb. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, or for at least six hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Remove the plastic wrap and slide the pan into the oven.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the bread is puffed and the edges are golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes, then dust with confectioners’ sugar and sliced almonds. To serve, top with maple syrup, fresh berries, or more Smooth Chocolate Almond Butter.
1 pound challah, or other enriched bread, such as brioche or panettone, sliced 3/4-inch thick
¾ cup Noosh Smooth Chocolate Almond Butter
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
6 large eggs
2 ½ cups whole milk
½ cup heavy cream
⅓ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
⅓ cup sliced almonds (optional)
Confectioners’ sugar for dusting (optional)